Monday, March 9, 2009

Another one missed...SIGH

Well, today was my big house-hunting day. I looked at 8 or 9 houses today and I am tired. I was hoping to see more but some that I liked are sold now or in the process of being sold. The ones I like are out of my price range and the MOST perfect house was sold for a steal about 2 hrs AFTER I saw it. SIGH! I am so bummed.

This house had everything and more that I wanted: all brick, corner lot, 4 bdrm, 1 scrapbook room/office, 3 ba, hardwood floors, kitchen with island, pantry, huge side entry garage with storage cabinets and shop light, split bdrm plan, fireplace, HUGE bonus room (24x24) with huge tv and surround sound, wet bar, dart board, attic storage, 24 ft above grnd pool with separate deck, 2 tier deck with outdoor ceiling fans and lights everywhere, under deck storage, privacy fence, and on a dead end double culdesac st with a wooded view. Almost 3000sq ft for $175,655 - which equals $66/sqft. Cheapest house I've seen! It was a bank repo. Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. There is another house very similar that might drop in price soon if I wait. It needs a little improvement to be what I want it to be, but it is a very similar floor plan.

There is a very cute house on bundy lane (see few posts back mls#1053974) but after seeing all the others it just seems to fall a little short now. All the bdrms are upstairs and the rooms seem a bit small. It is a very nice house with nice carpets and a huge garage but I guess after perfection it is hard to step back into reality and settle for the nicest I can afford.

My other choice is a VERY huge house but the carpets all need to be replaced and the garage needs to be pressure washed. LR has lots of kool-aid stains. They have this pit bull that has peed all over the downstairs carpet and garage and it stinks. If that happened and they dropped the price about $10,000, the house would be perfect for us. Another split bdrm plan - master down, 3 bdrm-bonus (with built in huge desk) and office/scrapbook room upstairs as well. Has a HUGE LR/DR and huge kitchen. It's also in a culdesac. This would be the top contender if not for the price and the stench.


Well, I'm off to job hunt for Naaman and for my 2nd job so I can get my dream house.

3 comments:

**Angel** said...

Can't you have them replace the carpets or give you cash or something like that? It looks really nice on the outside.

Justyne said...

It is about $10,000 outside my approved loan amount and already a pretty good price for the size. Yellow house is about $69/sqft and the white house is $78/sqft. I would have to pay to replace the carpets if I wanted to get it in my price range..OR accept their price and make them replace carpets.

**Angel** said...

I say play hard ball and put in offer at your approved loan amount and they have to replace the carpets. worst thing they can do is say no, and you've lost nothing.