Sunday, May 17, 2009

Belated Friday's Food for Thought

Breakfast
What is the most interesting biography you have ever read?
I really don't read biographies. Does the Bible count? I think I read Sidney Sheldon's but heck if I remember anything about it.

Lunch
What is the longest you have ever waited in a line?
I stood in line in front of Best Buy on Black Friday for 3 1/2 hrs so I could get my kids Rock Band for $75 and a DS for $100.

Dinner
Where do you want to be right now?
At home, in my pajamas, snuggling up with my family watching a movie or playing a board game. Anywhere but here at work as the charge nurse.

Midnight Snack
What is hanging over your head and causing stress for you right now?
What a loaded question! Um, where to start? I'm the charge nurse today and I HATE being the one to be the boss and put out "fires" all day long. Then there are my everyday ones: money, selling my house, about to lose contract on the house we wanted because of said unsold house, teenage daughter mood swings, was my house clean enough for the open house, is my house going to be robbed, is my family safe in that house, should I move on the other side of Nashville

Recipe of the Week
(instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1b-3a)

1 comment:

**Angel** said...

Waht have you decided about moving?