I just finished off 4 straight 12-hr shifts yesterday and have cleaned my house to a shiny sparkle today because Naomi is coming tomorrow. Excuse me while I collapse in exhaustion. No, wait...I still have to go food shopping today! Hmm, maybe I'll just do that tomorrow morning before she gets here. I hate going to the grocery store. It amazes me how much money we literally flush down the toilet (after having enjoyed the taste of things for maybe 30 minutes).
4 days and Abriel is home and I can't wait to see her. I missed her SO much!
5 days and Micah will be 13.
6 days and Naaman will be 33.
11 days and the new school year starts.
30 days and we will have been married 14 years.
Which reminds me...yesterday I was doing triage and I had just brought a patient to the ER and walked back to triage and Naaman is standing in the hallway. My initial thought was, "Man, Naaman is so cute in his chef uniform." My second thought was, "What the heck is he doing here and not at school?"
I say hi and start to lean in to give him a quick kiss and he says frantically, "Why haven't you answered your phone and where did you park the car?" I say, "My phone has not rang all morning and I love you too!" Apparently, Naaman left his school stuff in the back of the van, which he normally drives. You see, the night before, I told Naaman the Focus kept overheating and that I was driving the van so he could figure out what the heck was wrong with the car and then collapsed into bed. I told him because he normally leaves stuff in whatever car he drives. Did he take that as a cue to get his crap? NO! And he was then yelling at me in the hallway where I WORK that I was ignoring his calls and he was late for school and where is the car. I told him it's in the same place I always park and he knows where that is. He swears it's not there. I said, "Unless a Ford Freestar appealed to a car thief out of hundreds of much sportier cars, YES it is still in my usual spot." He groans and runs out the door with me waving and grinning saying Buh-bye!
My phone had no missed calls, no voicemails, no texts - because it froze up for about the thousandth time. I took the battery out, booted it back up and then Naaman calls me telling me he found the car (in it's usual spot) and I need a new phone and would be buying one soon. I don't think I could have planned that better if I tried. I have been telling him for the last year I needed a new phone. He kept telling me it was fine. NOW I have his blessing to get a new phone. Anyone know where I can get a nice used i-phone?
At the airport..again :0)
14 years ago


1 comment:
i-phone? nope. I touch screens. i can't hang with them!
Sorry I haven't been around here much, I forgot to put your new blog addy in my faves. Grrr me!
Love ya!
Post a Comment