Monday, May 31, 2010

Working Memorial Day...

and very bored. This is one of the few minor holidays that veterans actually remember so it has been pretty quiet here in the ER. Easiest double time made in a 12 hr shift.

I ran 1.8 miles today because I really didn't have time to run my 3 mile route. I work tomorrow too and am so tired today that I see another short run tomorrow. I took Angels advice and bought some decent athletic socks and am very glad I did. I noticed a significant increase in my foot comfort with the new socks. It is amazing how much I sweat while running and even my feet sweat. It's a good thing I am so meticulous with my feet or I'm sure I'd have athlete's foot by now.

I am trying to increase my fluid intake but I am noticing a HUGE side effect. I feel like I am constantly on the toilet. I have drank 2 - 20oz things of water, a large diet sprite, a 12oz cup of coffee, and a juice and I have gone more times today than I did the previous 2 days. I hear it's because my body isn't used to this much and thinks it needs to get rid of it and it will eventually adapt and I won't pee as much but until then...hold that thought I have to pee now because I was thinking about it. :-)

I'm back but not like you noticed.

So anyways..Naaman is about to drive me crazy with his homework or his procrastination of doing his homework is more like it. It's not the school itself - it is the general "wait until the last minute to do something then grump at everyone and everything because he stays up all night and everyone is bothering HIM" thing that is making me nuts. Thank goodness he only has 2 weeks left. He tells me all the time he can't do stuff because he has homework but spends a lot of time trying NOT to do his homework by doing whatever else. If he spends all his time screwing around and only think it's important to do his homework when I need him - I get mad. Then he doesn't understand why I am mad. I think this makes perfect sense. He just spent an hour watching tv, wrestling with Micah, picking his nose, WHATEVER and then the INSTANT I say, "Well, since you aren't doing your homework can you (((insert small job request here)))," and then he says to me, "Well, I was just about to go back to it," which I KNOW is a crock because I am INTERRUPTING his procrastination to ask him to help me.

I am often telling him how odd it is that when he was DEPLOYED and I was basically a single mom and I had a part-time job, and was in nursing school and STILL managed to keep the house clean, spend time with the kids AND find a little time for myself every now and STILL do my homework and then YET he can't even just get his homework done or, God forbid, clean a bathroom or do something that doesn't serve HIS purposes and something I'd like done. He does do laundry but ONLY if he needs something or he does do the dishes but ONLY if he is cooking dinner while I'm working and it is in his way. He gets mad at me when I tell him all I did and then says, "I know you were the PERFECT (said very snidely) wife, mom, student, whatever and I so suck compared to you. You love to tell me this." Well, I freakin work full time and I am EXHAUSTED and he is home A LOT more than me yet it still seems like I am doing a ridiculous amount of housework, food shopping, kid shuttling, etc. This seems very unfair. What do you think?

1 comment:

**Angel** said...

I agree. Jason and I go through this every so often. I just don't understand why he can't study AND throw in some laundry. Men are inferior. I think that's the bottom line.

I totally feel ya on the pee thing. I feel like a spend most of my work day in the bathroom. i keep telling myself it's for the greater good though.

Yay, on the running socks. I'm glad to SOMEONE listens to my advice. Could you come rub off on my family please :O)