So I got up determined to run today, which I did. I ran 3.3 miles in 39 minutes, the fastest time yet. I really felt good during and after. I felt even better when I passed a much fitter-looking girl in obvious exercise gear on my way to the airport and on my way back she was not much further. She may or may not have started much farther away and petered out but it doesn't matter because in my head - I AM TOTALLY ROCKING this run!!
I stretched out afterwards as usual, but this time I did it in my driveway. While stretching, I noticed how badly I needed to weedwhack the front yard because Naaman has finals this week and I can't wait for him to have time to do it. So I changed my shoes (I don't want my running shoes all green on the toes) and grabbed the weedwhacker and went to town. I edged the entire yard and changed the spool on it at least 3 times. I got to the front yard and was cutting around the trees when I finally got sick of the 2 dead trees. I finished weedwhacking and got the handsaw and went to town. I chopped the 2 dead trees down and cut them up smaller so they will be easier to haul AND THEN I decided the trees in the back and on the west side of my house need trimming and went to town on those too.
All said and done, I ran 3.3 miles and then did about 3 hrs of yard work. Like I said, I must be crazy!
At the airport..again :0)
14 years ago


2 comments:
You go girl!!! Can you bottle some of that energy and send it my way?
That is awesome! So glad to hear you're still rocking the run :O)
Post a Comment