I am normally a very nice person, but the instant you piss me off - all bets are off. Most people that know me, know this about me.
I was screening on Friday and triaged a patient to the same day clinic. I know I did it right, but the person whom I sent the patient to did not feel the same way. This person called me up while I was talking to another patient. This person spoke rudely and condescendingly to me from the moment I answered the phone. When this person questioned me and I started answering, this person started yelling at me and when I asked them to please stop yelling at me,their response was something along the lines of "This isn't yelling, ask my spouse what yelling is!" At this point, I am getting angry and then purposely begin answering questions stupidly and as obnoxiously as I can. Then I begin pointing out how busy I am and the ER is because I am trying to get off the phone and this person accuses me of giving them patients just because we are busy. I tell this person the conversation is over and I hang up. I should've hung up sooner, but by then I was mad and wanted to get even.
What is even worse - this person put in the chart our disagreement, of course making them look great and making me look like an ass. The patient's chart is not a place for airing personal discussions. I don't care how stupid, how ugly, how rude I think someone is - I would NEVER put that in the chart. It is not pertinent to the patient's health. I would simply chart that I spoke with the person and what I did after that with the patient.
I sent this person an email detailing that and how they should have maintained professionalism from the start and I admitted to losing professionalism but only after being treated poorly. I did not apologize.
Well, apparently they sent this email on to their boss who then sent it on to my boss. My boss then spoke to me about it saying that she doesn't care about the email and that I was probably right and how to take this other person with a grain of salt. Have I mentioned how much I love my boss? She is the best.
At the airport..again :0)
14 years ago


1 comment:
Why the hell would they put it in a chart?? that is the most retarded thing i have ever heard!! glad your boss had/has your back :O)
Post a Comment