I admit I get very emotional with my children's milestones. Every milestone is a reminder that they will be all grown and on their way to leaving. Abriels first formal/date with a boy is no different

Notice how far apart they are?

She looked so beautiful and grown up. The boy looked so cute in his JROTC uniform. They were so funny because when we were taking their pictures, they were standing so far apart I had to make them move closer together. They were going together as friends, not really a date. He got her a corsage too! BUT just put it down on the back of the couch, I had to put it on her.

Once she left, I cried big time! I kept seeing her as a toddler and then thinking of her looking like the young lady she is now. It is very depressing to realize I only have a little more than 3 years left before she is considered an adult. What happened to the time?

She got home at 11:30, I waited up even though I had to get up @ 4:30 the next morning for work. She looked like she had a good time and apparently relaxed enough to get within 2 feet of her date.


Abriel and Amber



3 comments:
She looks wonderful!!
WOW! She is so grown up! It feels like just yesterday that we were pushing her around the PX in here stroller!
Abe looks so adorable. The whole thing is freaking me out. My niece is growing up! I know this sounds cliche, but it seems like only yesterday she was baby Madilynne's size. Ahhhh!
Post a Comment