I had a very bad day at work yesterday. My day all started with a poor choice of wearing a pair of seriously uncomfortable shoes for a twelve hour shift on my feet and then ended with a spectacular mistake that accidentally brought in 2 of my favorite people from work. The patient was fine and it was something he needed and knew he was going to get but I forgot to make sure there was written consent before it happened. Anyways, I tore myself up about it for hours.
Then I had to take my cat to the vet today. Dexter probably had an infection and the drooling was a pain response or anxiety. They gave him a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot. That was $100. Then I had to buy Annie's flea and heartworm medicine - another $133 for 6 months of meds. I am already broke, so yea us for less money!
I think the best thing in these 2 days was that the vet walks in and I immediately think he looks an awful lot like Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee the Hobbit in Lord of the Rings. He is short, has curly hair and a similar build to him. EVEN BETTER - the instant this man starts talking I have to swallow a giggle because he has a very slight lisp and NOW he is reminding me of Sean Astin in Fifty First Dates as Drew Barrymore's character's brother Doug (only Doug has a HUGE lisp). He leaves the room and I look at Abriel and start to say, "Doesn't he remind you of..." and she finishes my sentence with "Sam from Lord of the Rings?" So apparently my vet is a hobbit.
At the airport..again :0)
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment