I worked today and felt tired on the way home but now I can't sleep. So I figured now is the time for some more random thoughts.
My cat that disappeared for 3 days came back and slept for 2 days and then the last 2 days has been drooling like crazy. Cats don't drool unless sick or hurt. I can't figure out WHY he's drooling, no obvious injury. So I come home from work and he has this HUGE open sore just behind his left front leg. It looks like a cigarette lighter burn. Last time he disappeared for 3 days, some asschunk cut my cat on his side and now similar situation and he has a burn. I am going to kill whomever is torturing my cat. I had to clean out his wound and the damn cat bit me HARD while I was trying to take care of him. On a brighter note, he has stopped drooling.
Toni (from work) gave me 6 huge bags of clothes and shoes for me and Abriel. I'm not sure why she gave it to me, I thought she hated me. Maybe the clothes are infested with something?
Rebekah, last years Valor student/this years new hire RN, asked me today how I look like I know all the answers and make it look so easy when she always feels slow. I told her, "Girl, the key is fake the confidence and shake on the inside. Walk in and look like you know what you're doing so even if you drop the gloves or the IV, no one notices because they are so busy noticing your awesomeness they don't realize you're really a dumbass in disguise." Because that is really how I feel most of the time - like a dumbass pretending to be a nurse.
I got my 1 year pay raise. I was a nurse 1 step 4, now I'm a step 5. Now I have to work on moving up to nurse 2, I can because I have my BSN but I don't know how long it takes and I need a project to improve the hospital/ER/nursing/etc. Everything I come up with is stupid.
When we move, I will really miss my coworkers/friends.
I wonder how long it will take before my sister or parents call me. I waited 3 weeks last time and then called them. I think this time I'll wait until they call me.
At the airport..again :0)
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment