Saturday, February 21, 2009

Talented

I met an older man the other day and while we were talking, he drew me a picture. He never stopped drawing during our conversation. He tells me he has a website and that I should look at it sometime. He signs the picture and puts the website on it. He was really a very nice guy.

I see many people. Some have grandiose thoughts and tell me similar stories but once researched are just silly. I once had a man tell me he was the REAL father of Leann Rimes and he was on his way to her house to tell her. He made me wonder if we needed to tell the police about her new stalker. I had another man tell me that he was a famous country singer (later adding "in his hometown") and that he was moving to Nashville to make it big - he was in his 60's, homeless, and couldn't sing on key if he was lip syncing to Celine Dion. So you see why I am skeptical? I looked up his website and then googled him to be sure he wasn't making all that stuff up on the website.

This man is nothing like the rest and is genuinely talented. His paintings are so beautiful! I am keeping the drawing he made me. I have a sketch from an actually known and talented artist! I am so excited!

http://www.gilveda.com/

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that you update almost daily now!!!! You should take a picture of your sketch so we can all see iy!!! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

What a talent he has! i'd love to see your drawing too!

Anonymous said...

^ true, we must see this drawing.